Saturday, May 2, 2009

Overzealous...Who me?


goodone, originally uploaded by myittybittyquilts.

Ok, so the deal was, ONE nine patch a day until June something or other. I couldn't help myself. I got into my scrap bins and couldn't stop!
I figure that there will be plenty of days when I won't get near my sewing machine, especially when summer is here, so I'm doing ok, really.

I'm going at this with TRULY SCRAPPY in mind. I don't want to cut into yardage for this project, only use my scraps, so the colors are going to be all over the place. I like scrappy and I plan to make extra blocks so I can throw out anything that just can't play nice with other fabrics. The only thing I did limit was, I didn't want to use any children's novelties, like fire engines, rockets, etc...

I'm not sure why, but I seem to notice things a little more when I take a picture of my projects. Like, now I see that I have some polka dots going the wrong way in the first block in the third row. Will I change it? Ummm....probably not. I'll just call it whimsical :)

No comments: