Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

Memorial Day has certainly taken on a new meaning since my dh has been a veteran. I can appreciate more deeply the sacrifices made by soldiers and their families. I think of the families who didn't "sign up" for duty, those who were drafted into war.

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you.


My sister posted this quote on Facebook and I hope she doesn't mind if I share it here. :)

“We all share the love of peace, but our sons and daughters must learn two lessons men everywhere and in every time have had to learn: that the price of freedom is dear, but not nearly as costly as the loss of freedom - and that the advance and continuation of civilization depend on those values for which men have always been willing to die for…” Ronald Reagan

I also thought I would share the quilt that I made for my husband during his last deployment. Thank you, Sam.

No comments: