Monday, April 20, 2009

Stacked Coins Baby Quilt


011, originally uploaded by myittybittyquilts.

So, I have this friend, who I have known for about 17 years and we have been in and out of touch. As of two years ago, we now live in fairly close proximity and I had the awesome chance to go and see her at her baby shower! This is her first and long awaited little one. It was a privilege to make this quilt for her.
I used the free Stacked Coins pattern from the Moda Bake Shop blog. I think Amanda Jean from Crazymomquilts wrote this one. I used a Darla charm pack that I picked up on Ebay and some white tone on tone for the sashing. My only deviation from the pattern was to round the corners. I just used a regular old plate as my guide. I didn't even cut my binding on the bias, although I probably should have! It went together so quickly and I just love the bright yet soft colors. (They actually photographed much brighter than they are IRL.
As an aside, to have a really great blog, I know that really great photography is needed. Unfortunately, I have neither the equipment nor the desire to invest money and time into my photos right now. I'd rather be sewing :)

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love this quilt...there is just something about little bits of color on an otherwise white quilt! Very pretty and sure to be treasured.

scraphappy said...

The rounded corners are a nice touch. I'll have to try that some day.