Saturday, April 25, 2009

Chicago Quilt Show

Last Friday I had the cool opportunity to take a bus trip to the Chicago Quilt Show. A bus full of us left our little town in northern Michigan and travelled for about 5 hours to downtown Chicago. It was a long but really fun day. My only complaint is that I would have liked at least three more hours at the show and I should have brought my camera. DOH!

I didn't do huge amounts of shopping due to the fact that I already suffer from SABLE (Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy) but of course there were a few things that HAD to come home with me :)

I just loved the way that those top fat quarters were bundled and they were displayed so beautifully. The FQ's were .$.10 more at that booth, but I got suckered in by the packaging. And actually, some are going to be stocking stuffers and that's a great reason to splurge, I think.

I also purchased some jumbo rickrack in turquoise and red, one pattern, and purse feet.

Even though I didn't have my camera, I did snap a few pictures of the gorgeous quilts on my cell phone. I knew that there was no way I could remember those details of the quilts I thought I *might* duplicate someday.

No comments: