Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ittybittybutterflyquilt

Hi, friends! Well, the move is over and while there are still many, many boxes to unload, I'm so thankful all of our stuff is in one house.
I thought I'd show you all the latest doll quilt for a swap at Sewingmamas.com. The theme was summer.
I used a paper piecing block from quilterscache.com. I enjoyed the process, but I really wouldn't want to do a paper pieced queen sized quilt or anything! I hand embroidered the antennae in brown. My very nice and talented sister agreed to do the quilting for me IF I hand sewed the binding down on her swap quilt :) I really don't mind machine quilting, but I was right in the middle of a move and I had no time or space to get out my machines.
For the binding I pieced together 4 inch strips from the various fabrics in the quilt. I love a pieced binding.

No comments: